Friday, September 16, 2011

California and it's glories

In the summer of 2005 my parents decided that our whole entire family of 8 and my uncle would be takin a two week trip to the wonderful state of California. On the day of our departure I was nervous and excited, we were sitting in Logan airport waiting for row 13 to be called for boarding, when we heard 13 all of my siblings went running to the gate and down the tunnel, everyone wanted the window seats. It was a six and a half hour flight into seattle, washington.

While in seattle my dad rented two cars and from there we went to visit my uncle sam who lives in Tacoma. After three days of catching up with the relatives we were off to the california coast. After 3 days of driving down route 101 and route 1 down the coastline we arrived at our first destination, San francisco. We stayed in san francisco for four days and while there we visited the huge fish market and the docks, sea lions were everywhere! The next stop we took was the redwood Forrest. This place was one of the most mind blowing places I will ever see! Trees were so enormous that there was even a tree the was cut so cars could drive through it!

When we left the redwood Forrest I was begging to go back the enitre time, but when we got to San Diego I had already forgotten the mesmerizing environment of the forrest. San Diego was also a wonderful time. It was the last few days of the trip and I wanted to stay there forever. Our flight was leaving out of San Diego but we decided to go a little more south to Tijuana, Mexico for a day. If you plan on goin to Tijuana, it is not a kid friendly place at all! My two younger sisters were petrified and crying the whole time we were there.

Well followers, this is the end of my first blog. To all of the readers who are really interested in doing something similar I would highly suggest going to the seattle needle, San francisco, laguna beach, the red wood Forrest and lastly San Diego. Tijuana on the other hand, if you are feeling really adventurous then go for it, otherwise, stay away from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment